Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Booksale Info!!

Good Morning!


I am here in a stack of books and realized I have dropped the ball at communicating some things about the sale.

At the sale we have two people working the check out. Usually Cindy Hobbs and Joanne Stewart do this. They are unable to help this year due to scheduling conflicts. We will need help manning the check out table. This can be done in hour slots. Please email me with your preference for time slot or let me know tonight. I will work the first hour. chickenlady17 at yahoo dot com      I have this weird feeling, I am not shopping. 

There may be new homeschooling families who need help. Please take time to introduce yourselves and offer help. I would love to help anyone shop, please ask. I can shop vicariously through you.

There is a great opportunity to get some deals thanks too Lori Chapman's great idea. There will be a bag sale table. This is where you put things that are not going to be sold and you wish to bless someone with. Shoppers can fill a bag for one low price with whatever their creative hands can stuff into it. The proceeds will go to Christ Chapel for the generous donation of the building for two events. Please put your donations here.

A Clothing Swap Table This is where we can bring gently used clothing to help us declutter. Kids and adult clothing are welcome. We will need someone to volunteer to bring the remaining items to the Salvation Army at the end of the sale. Please let me know if you can do this.

Unsold Books: Your books must be picked up or arrange to have someone pick them up for you. Sabra Stockdale at the Word Bookstore in Dennis will be hosting a used homeschool section in her store. If you would like to sell your books at her shop, you receive store credit to apply to new or used books or Bibles in her store. She also can order any items you need from her suppliers. The PACE labels are acceptable to her, you can cover your address if you like. You set the price.Your books need to be put on a master list for her to keep track of your sales. I will be bringing my books there. This is a new idea that I approached her about yesterday, she is not ready, so please see me if you have any questions about this. I will keep our group posted about this new venture. Also, if you do not want your books you can donate them to her or a local charity.

Please bring cash for the sale. In the past, some sellers have accepted checks. This is acceptable, but you must let the cashier know this. This is not the easiest for the cashiers, but we know impulse purchases can happen. You will receive your money at the end of the sale. If you are skilled at math and would like to help with the cash out please let me know.

If there is anything I have overlooked, please let me know. I just opened up this compartment of my brain, and I forgot what was supposed to be in it.
Your Sister,
Terri


0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP